Monday, August 12, 2013

Endings & Beginnings


“beginnings are usually scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s what’s in the middle that counts. so when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. and it will.”

I share this quote to announce that I AM MOVING TO ATLANTA!

This week will be my last week with ESP.
I will spend one more weekend in Athens, celebrating one of my dear friend's birthday and saying 'see ya later' to many friends and people who have become my family over the past five years.

I'm excited about my new adventure but also a little scared and very much taking a leap of faith.

When I moved to Athens five years ago, I never imagined staying after I graduated.
But God showed me last year that this is where I needed to be.
Now, I realize that he wasn't done using Athens and the people here to help me grow.

Athens is the place that I have called home for 5 years;
where I fell in love with God all over again,
where many tragedies and heartaches have occurred,
where I found my lifelong friends,
where I fell in and out of like,
where I truly discovered who I am and who I want to be.

I am so grateful to all the people who came into my life while I was here; how much they gave to me, took care of me in my time of need, loved me and taught me.
I wouldn't be who I am without the influence of this beautiful city and the ministry here.

Making the decision to leave my ESP family was probably the hardest of all. 
Having only spent a year and a half with them, it amazes me how attached to all the individuals and families I have become.
Its not just my job, it really is my family.
And I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life.

If Atlanta wasn't so close, I don't think I could leave.
But 316 and I have become good friends over the years and, while I would like to stay off it for a few weeks, I know we will be reunited very soon.

throwback time...
My first picture in Athens after I moved. Walking around the day before classes trying to figure out where to go - we were like lost puppies. Thanks to Kelsey Chase for showing us the ropes!!!
 
My first UGA football game. I had no idea at this point how much this amazing woman would impact me.

My first roommates. Wouldn't have made it through the past five years without these incredible women by my side!



No comments:

Post a Comment