Thursday, September 5, 2013

twenty somethings

Sometimes I feel dumb telling people what I do. 
I'm a 23 year old, college graduate with a journalism degree from Grady College, 
living in Atlanta, nannying my nephew and working at a cupcake shop.

One of my best friends and former college roommates posted this article on my facebook wall.
"Success happens in the details"
It really helped me put things into perspective and remember that I am here taking some risks to go after something I really want to do. And from the words of Lorelei Gilmore herself,  'if we go down after two years...It'll be the most exciting two years of our lives!' (this quote is constantly in the forefront of my mind)

I'm so grateful to have the support of my family and friends around me. Especially knowing that none of them will ever let me starve :)

A few of my favorite quotes from the article:
*Success is not an Egg McMuffin, delivered to us for a $3, three minute investment. No, success is the Sistine Chapel—it takes years, pain, frustration, thousands of brushes, colors and crumpled up sketches before you have your masterpiece.
*our twenties are simply about building our endurance so that we can run the race in the future.
*Our twenties are a process, not a surprise party. You don’t just walk into the door and all of the sudden your calling jumps out from behind the couch. 

So if you are feeling anything similar to me, take heart. Know that just because we're out of college (maybe not even for some), in our twenties and feel like we are supposed to have everything figured out, we don't. God is the only one who has everything figured out. Don't be misguided by the confidence of your peers or elders around you. Yes some may think they have it figured out for now, but that won't last forever.

Its better to make mistakes than do nothing at all.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you soo much for your comment! I feel like my perspective this year has changed a lot already; I'm so excited to see what the year brings. So so glad for you to be pursuing your dreams - we have to catch up so I can hear how that's going - and for you to be pursuing romance with God this year! That is such a delightful idea to me. I was just thinking this morning that I want to study out scriptures on God, and regain perspective on who he is. I pinned the scripture Isaiah 41:13 today, and it was like, oh yeah! This is who God is! : )

    ReplyDelete