Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Bridesmaids dresses

Sorry for the hiatus.
For the past few months, I've been helping ESP (Extra Special People), a non-profit here in athens that serves developmentally disabled kids and young adults, plan their annual Big Hearts pageant and banquet at the Classic Center. 
It was nuts.

Anyways, more on that later.
Today, I want to focus on talking about bridesmaids dresses!!!
This post is inspired by a birthday party we had for my sister, Anna, last night.
It was a 'bridesmaids dress comeback party'.
We all came dressed in bridesmaids dresses and it was so fun.

Fortunately, I've never had to buy an ugly bridesmaids dress.
Thankfully the trends of the day are simple and classic.
Although, I'm sure 20-30 years from now I may look back at those dresses and think otherwise, just the way we do with our parents weddings.
As you all know, my roommate is getting married so we constantly talk about wedding trends.
And, she actually read recently that the current trend is to let your bridesmaids choose their own dresses
SCORE!!!
so here are the outfits that I've worn thus far....

Brett & Anna, May 2010
Priscilla of Boston
We got to pick the style. 
Wore grey heels...
(wish I would have bought some better heels but I wasn't in love with heels then like I am now)
oh, and i love headbands and found this awesome white flower headband :)


Danny & Ashley, July 2011
J.Crew dresses
Ivory flats
Pearls






Andrew & Kelsey, July 2011
Chose our own grey dresses
Mine was from David's Bridal
no joke, I've worn it at least 3 times in the last 6 months
yellow flats or sandals




(and yes, we danced down the aisle...to Party Rock Anthem)


Zach & Lauren, March 2012
ok so they haven't actually gotten married yet.
but i'm gonna share my dress anyways cause i'm so excited about it :)
isn't it pretty?!

What kind of bridesmaids dresses have you had to wear?



3 comments:

  1. Which dress did you wear to anna's party? That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I was literally going to write about the SAME thing today! Maybe we should just combine forces and start a wedding blog haha. You've been lucky with great dresses at all these weddings! Is your dress for Lauren's from J.Crew or Anthro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. k, I wore my dress from Anna's wedding. thought it would be appropriate
    m, that's so funny. great timing :) its from J.crew and i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete