Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Engagement Announcement

MY BEST FRIEND IS ENGAGED!!!
I've been waiting months for this and it has finally happened.
I am so grateful I was able to be a part of it all. 
It was hard keeping such a big secret from her for so long but it was totally worth it.
And I'm confessing now, I had to tell her a lot of lies.
But I'm pretty sure she forgave me :)

It happened around 5:25 last night.
I told Deanna that I was having a bad day and wanted to go for a drive to pray.
She didn't even question me.
So I drove her out to the Elder Mill Covered Bridge in Watkinsville.
As we drove closer, Kevin was standing in front of the bridge with a stop sign in his hand.
She had no idea what was going on.
She kept saying, 'What's going on....That's Kevin, whats he doing here?'
I practically had to push her out of the car to go see him.
About two minutes later he asked her to marry him.
Her response: 'Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh...'
Kevin: 'So is that a yes?'
Dee: 'YES YES YES!!!'
It was a great moment.
He had hung pictures and memories about their relationship and they looked at all of them. 
Then we had a surprise engagement for them with their family and closest friends.
I'll post all the pictures later but heres this one for now:

Congrats!!! Can't wait for the wedding!!!

1 comment: