Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crazy Love

I've been readying Crazy Love by Francis Chan for the last two weeks.
Its been great, convicting but also encouraging.
"They came to God in their great need, and they have found true joy."
I know I have felt this before. 
God is the only being who can give us true joy and eternal happiness and grace and unconditional love for our eternal lives. 
This quote hit me today:
"God is holy. In heaven exists a Being who decides whether or not I take another breath. This holy God deserves excellence, the very best I have."
This isn't really something most of us think of every day but we should.
1 Corinthians 13:2-3, 4-8
These are classic scriptures but out your name in place of love, its a great way to check your heart and your life and how it matches up to what God calls us to and expects of us.

Sorry if these thoughts are a little scattered and don't flow.
I've just been encouraged to spend more time with God everyday and it doesn't feel like I can get enough.




Images like these remind me of God's creativity and power.
What an amazing God we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment