Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Update

"I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." (isn't that beautiful!!!)
"People are always saying that change is a good thing. But all they're really saying is that something you didn't want to happen at all... has happened." - You've Got Mail

These are two of my favorite movie quotes. 
The first, just cause I as well LOVE school supplies and I think that idea is just beautiful. 
The second, because that's kind of how I feel right now.

Anyways, I watched You've Got Mail on saturday night with Halie and Maddie Hunter, after having a jam out session in the car which was much needed.






The rest of my weekend was slightly busy but not overwhelming.
It was rainy and dreary all weekend so I spent a lot of time inside just enjoying the down time.
I was able to babysit over night for the Baines. They have five kids that I absolutely love. All from the ages 4-13.
We played doctor, made cookies and watched Parent Trap 2 (didn't even know that existed).



(they were putting on a little singing/dancing/cheering performance for us saturday morning)

Saturday was both Meagan Murray and Gayle Smotherman's birthdays.
Two girls who I love so much and I'm so grateful to have in my life.
Sadly, Meagan lives in Pittsburgh and at this rate I only get to see her once or twice a year.
Wish I could have celebrated with her but when we our sisterhood reunites it will be EPIC :)




A group of us went out to Shokitini's for Gayle's birthday and we sang/danced the night away in one of their karaoke rooms. If you've never experienced this, you need to. Its so fun!




I was also productive during the alone time I had at my house.
But unfortunately was not able to check that many things off my list which is always frustrating because it looks like I was less productive than I was. 

The real accomplishment for the weekend was the realization that God knows me better than I know myself and he has an amazing plan for my life. This is something that people always tell me but it just clicked in a different way than ever before. I know God is preparing me for my future and shaping me to be the woman he wants me to be. Even if that means I may be disappointed at times because the changes in my life aren't what I planned, I know in the end it will lead to immense happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment