Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ready for a weekend getaway!

The last month in my life has been chaos with work and weddings.
And this weekend i get to hit the open road (accompanied by Taylor Swift's new album :) and head to Florida to make good on a promise to my friend, Brittany, to visit for her birthday.

I haven't been to Tallahassee in about a year and I'm excited to drive through South Georgia in the Fall. It is so pretty!
It will be a very reflective and therapeutic drive for me and I'm looking forward to it. 

I loved Marilisa's "Life Talk" post yesterday. It pretty much sums up exactly how I've been feeling. Its nice to know I'm not alone.

I'm also grateful to have the day off tomorrow so I can make the trip a little longer :)

They are having a Halloween/Masquerade party tomorrow night.
I'm thinking about going as a 50's housewife because 
a. its easy 
b. i already have everything i need 
c. it fits my personality
d. i get to wear a pretty dress :)
its fun to get all dolled up once and a while.

My 50's Housewife Research:

- There's actually a woman who's blog name is 50's Housewife. I may have to start reading her blog now. Check it out!
- There's another woman who is actually doing a 50's housewife experiment.
- This 'Looking the Part' post was particularly interesting.
- I know several people who have hada 50's housewife Themed Bridal Shower. I just think that would be so much fun!

My 50's Housewife Inspiration:
I'm planning on wearing a cocktail dress, heels, pearls, apron and my oven mit. Oh, and I have to curl my hair! 

I love the Gilmore Girls episode where Rory dresses up and makes dinner for Dean!






No comments:

Post a Comment