Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Update - Trip to Tallahassee

"It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
And make fun of our exes....
We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical oh yeah
Tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines
I don't know about you but im feeling 22
Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we're 22"

I feel like this was the theme of my weekend...
or maybe my life.

This weekend made me so happy to be 22
to have the freedom to go on road trips
to not have something tying me down
to make decisions for myself
to be happy and free
There is so much joy and freedom in being 22 and single.
I don't have to worry about studying for a test
I don't have to check with anyone when I want to go on a random road trip.
Its exhilarating. 
This weekend reminded me of that and I'm so grateful.

I drove 6 hours (by myself) to visit my friend, Brittany, for her birthday (2 weeks late)
We had a halloween party, went on a breakfast date, played ultimate frisbee, watched Georgia beat Florida (GO DAWGS! Woof Woof!) and just enjoyed hanging out. 

It was so refreshing and encouraging to visit. 
I haven't been down there in a year and I thought it might be awkward and people wouldn't remember me or really care that I was there.
But I felt so taken in and loved. So many people were encouraging and excited that I was there. I got to talk to people who I thought might be awkward around me but they cared about what was going on in my life and making sure I was happy. I guess I'm really just so grateful to be a part of God's Kingdom where people don't care about what has happened between people in the past but they love you because you are God's daughter and they treat you with love and respect.

So a big thanks to everyone in Tallahassee for making me feel loved and cared for. And for giving me a fun and stress-free weekend away :)

more pictures to come ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment