Thursday, January 12, 2012

weekly update

So the last first week of school is almost over.
I think I've finally gotten my schedule down.
And I'm pretty satisfied with the results:
- Intro to Weight Training
- Entomology (my teacher is great. he's an older guy who wheres a bug shirt to class and shows video clips just for the fun of it and justifies it if there is any bug that passes the screen, like the intro to Lion King)
- Advanced Magazine editing > we get to put together a magazine as a class over the semester. 
- Sociology of Education
- Pilates :)
Oh what a great semester this will be. 
Sadly, I'm booked 9-5 almost every day so it will be hard to fit in my weekly time with people but I'll figure it out. I can't believe this is my last semester of college
(you'll probably hear me saying that every day for the next 120 days ;))
But I'm trying to remember that and take advantage of the time I have here.
I really love this city and the family I have built here and will be sad to leave.
Last night at midweek we had family time, shared about our breaks and talked about what we're learning through the fast we're doing together. It was so encouraging and just uplifting to here how much everyone loves our ministry.
Tomorrow I'm heading out in a minivan full of girls to road trip for 8 hours down to Tampa for the annual Playmakers Bowl. Its a flag football tournament that takes place every year. Ministries from all over the southeast send teams down to compete. And this year, they are starting a Powder Puff league. We are sending 2 girls teams from Athens and I couldn't be more exciting. I get to play football and reunite with friends.

Happy Early Weekend!

Some fun posts from around the web:
- How beautiful is this wedding in Italy! I wish I could have a destination wedding in Italy!
- Must-Have Dessert Cookbooks - amazing! love the cookie-dough lovers one
- i may need to upgrade to this cupcake carrier soon since mine have fallen prey to the horrors of college life...
- my new book list: the Rory Gilmore book list

1 comment:

  1. I was TOTALLY just looking at the Rory book list. why are we the same person. Read through the list together?? Challenge Accepted!

    ReplyDelete