Thursday, November 15, 2012

I have to stir the mixture to combine?

I'm really sick of cooking for one person. I always end up making too much food and I feel uninspired. It makes me want to pull a Gilmore Girls and just make frozen food 
(Lorelei: 'Cause with tater tots I can just rip and dump. Rory: Then stick with your strengths.)
Its not that I can't cook. I can. I just get tired and lazy.
I have so many recipes I want to try but it feels so wasted on myself. 
Last night I put my big girls pants on and decided to actually cook (something other than pasta for the first time this week)
It was pretty simple, just chicken, asparagus and sweet potato fries. 
But it made me feel good emotionally and physically (cooking is very therapeutic!)

Anyone have any good recipes for one?

1 comment:

  1. Soup! 1 bag of frozen veggies (kroger has one made for putting into soups), 1 can of diced tomatoes (with the juice), 1 can of beans (drained), 1-2 cans of stock, water to top off the soup if not liquidy enough, and all the spices you want. it's all just dumping in a pot and letting simmer for about 30 min. easy peasy and you'll have left overs for lunch at work. toast some bread on the side too. :)

    It's still easy to feel what you feel when it's just the two of us. So I now cook for 3-4 people for every meal that way we both have lunch the next day and potentially a night of left overs (no cooking!). Maybe cooking larger meals so you only have to prepare dinner every other day. :) Love you. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete